Upcoming Volunteer opportunities:
LMC offers many volunteer opportunities throughout the year. Contact email@example.com for more information or call our office at 740-374-4170.
Property monitoring is great for anyone who enjoys visiting new properties and ensuring the conservation easements are upheld. Property monitoring is done during daytime hours in spring, summer, and fall. Call or email us about training or to tag along on a property monitoring trip to see if this is the right volunteer activity for you.
Property Monitoring includes:
- Contact conservation easements land owners prior to visit to schedule a monitoring visit.
- Visit the office to pick up the property’s monitoring binder.
- Use directions found in the binder to travel to the property.
- After arriving on the property, hike and record required information in the Monitoring Report found in the property binder.
- After leaving return your signed copy of the monitoring report to our office and email any photos you have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Land Stewards (Volunteer Days and Pollinator Habitat Workdays):
Land stewardship is great for anyone who enjoys working with their hands and being outdoors. Stewardship volunteer workdays occur in spring, summer, and fall. Please check our website and Facebook for times and dates.
Remove invasive species of plants on our properties.
Mow and/or weed eat trails.
Remove trees and debris from trails.
LMC attends many events, including festivals, where we table booths throughout the year. Volunteers are always welcome and appreciated, especially those who enjoying engaging with and educating others.