Upcoming Volunteer opportunities:
FLMR needs help removing Tree of Heaven, an invasive species, from our pollinator habitat. We also need help building and installing benches, a kiosk, and bluebird boxes.
Please wear long pants and closed toed-shoes and bring a water bottle.
We will carpool from 348 Muskingum Drive, Marietta, OH. Please message the FLMR FB page if you would like to carpool or call/text 304-488-4758.
When: 10/26 9AM-12PM and 11/10 2PM-5PM
Where: Luke Chute Conservation Area
FLMR offers many volunteer opportunities throughout the year. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or call or text Executive Director, Tiffany Harvey at 304-488-4758.
Property monitoring is great for anyone who enjoys visiting new properties and ensuring the conservation easements are upheld. Property monitoring is done during daytime hours in spring, summer, and fall. Property monitoring can be scheduled with Executive Director, Tiffany Harvey, who will train you.
Property Monitoring includes:
- Contact conservation easements land owners prior to visit to schedule a monitoring visit.
- Visit the office to pick up the property’s monitoring binder.
- Use directions found in the binder to travel to the property.
- After arriving on the property, hike and record required information in the Monitoring Report found in the property binder.
- After leaving return your signed copy of the monitoring report to our office and email any photos you have to email@example.com.
Land Stewards (Volunteer Days and Pollinator Habitat Workdays):
Land stewardship is great for anyone who enjoys working with their hands and being outdoors. Stewardship volunteer workdays occur in spring, summer, and fall. Please check our website and Facebook for times and dates.
Remove invasive species of plants on our properties.
Mow and/or weed eat trails.
Remove trees and debris from trails.
A great opportunity for anyone who is not physically able and those who don’t enjoy being outdoors.
FLMR attends many events where we table booths throughout the year. Volunteers could table those booths. We also have a Farmer’s Market Booth where we well handmade recycled bags each Saturday.